Laura's Blog

Friday, August 29, 2008

The Olympics are over and school's starting!

First, be sure and check out Mike Hazle's recap of his Olympic experience for a very good perspective on competition for any athlete at any level.

Second, school started again here in the Anchorage on August 20th and my community service projects are back in full swing! I'm continuing to work at Sand Lake in the afternoons, this year with Mr. Maurer's 6th grade class. I've also followed the teacher with whom I worked last year, Dallas Price, to her new 6th grade class at Rogers Park Elementary. While I will have specific home room classes at both these schools I'm hoping to get to work with all of the 6th graders over the year. I already got to meet all of the Rogers Park 6th graders since they invited me to be a guest speaker for their first day convention. My class at Sand Lake is a hugely diverse group of students and I'm pretty excited to get to know them better.

No comments: